Is there a more festive way to celebrate Christmas than with a beautiful pavlova covered in cherries gracing your table?
- 6 egg whites
- 1.5 cups caster sugar
- 1.5 cups single pouring cream
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries1.5 tsp white vinegar
- 1.5 cups red cherries
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Draw a 20cm circle on the paper.
- Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, waiting 30 seconds between each addition. Once all the sugar has been added, whisk for a further 6 minutes or until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Add the vinegar and whisk for 4 minutes or until glossy and combined.
- Use a spatula to spread the meringue mixture over the circle.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 120°C and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until dry and crisp to the touch.
- Turn the oven off and allow the pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
- Place the cream in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Place the pavlova on a cake stand and top with the cream, raspberries and cherries. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Cut into wedges and serve.