Top chargrilled bread with finely sliced prosciutto and fresh seasonal rockmelon for gourmet-style finger food that your party guests will love. Best of all, it takes 20 minutes max to make, leaving you plenty of time to mingle with friends.
- 1 large rustic baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30g baby rocket leaves
- 3/4 small rockmelon, cut into thin wedges
- 100g prosciutto slices, torn
- 30g parmesan, shaved
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cut the bread into 5mm-thick slices and brush with a little oil. Cook the bread, in 2 batches, for 2 mins each side or until charred and golden brown.
- Top the bread with rocket, rockmelon, prosciutto and parmesan. Drizzle crostini with vinegar just before serving. Makes 15.