These power-packed bowls are great for breakfast, brunch or a light weeknight dinner!
Recipe from Sydney Markets
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g baby kale leaves, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 3 shallots, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 125g baby spinach leaves
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Micro-herbs and lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook quinoa following packet directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add kale and shallots and cook, tossing, for 1 minute. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp water, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Toss through spinach and cook until just wilted. Stir through quinoa. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil the eggs in a small saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes (for soft boiled). Refresh in cold water and peel.
- Halve, deseed and peel avocado. Slice avocado lengthways. Spoon spinach and quinoa mixture in 4 serving bowls. Top each with a soft boiled egg and a quarter of the avocado. Sprinkle with almonds and micro-herbs.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Serves 4.