This recipe sort of just happened. I mean, what else do you do with three very ripe bananas and choc chips lying around the kitchen. Banana and choc chip muffins of course!
If you know me, you know I am a bit of a careless cook (it does my Mum’s head in). I don’t usually stick to a recipe or measuring devices….too much washing up for one girl to handle. So if you don’t stick to the ingredients precisely…chances are neither did I and they still turned out the best muffins I have ever made. Healthy…without tasting healthy. (Trickier said than done). Add your own flavour and flare to the recipe and let me know how you go!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed, plus extra to slice on top
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees celsius and line a large muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and maple syrup together. Add the eggs, banana and milk and whisk well.
- Add the vanilla, salt and cinnamon and whisk to blend.
- Stir in the flour and mix to combine.
- Lastly, add the choc chips and swirl in.
- Pour batter into muffin cases and top with 2 slices of banana.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked.
Makes 6-8 large muffins.