Few things compare to the deliciously sweet taste of a perfectly ripe pear. But what happens when they’re past that point of ripeness? When they start to form brown spots, and become mushy and unappealing? Don’t throw away those mushy pieces of fruit! Instead, re-create this delicious roasted pears with honey and walnuts dish. The perfect Winter dessert for those that have a sweet tooth but don’t want to let it ruin your healthy lifestyle.
- 4 medium ripe Beurre Bosc pears
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling on yoghurt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Peel and halve pears lengthways and scoop out the cores. Place cut-side up into a large baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Combine honey, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 10 seconds. Drizzle mixture over pears. Roast pears, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Top pears with walnuts and spoon over the pan juices. Roast for a further 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spoon yoghurt into a serving dish, dust with cinnamon and serve with the pears.
Recipe from Sydney Markets, Serves 4