Using seasonal fruit, this Winter tray bake is an easy and warming dessert. Keep any leftovers in the fridge and serve with granola or porridge the next day.
Recipe from Sydney Markets
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 2 just-ripe beurre bosc pears
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed, washed and cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 cara cara or rosie red navel orange, juiced
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways
- 250g strawberries, hulled
- Thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Halve apples and pears lengthways. Remove cores then cut lengthways into wedges.
- Combine apples, pears and rhubarb on a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place orange juice, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle mixture over fruit. Add scraped vanilla bean pod to the pan and gently toss to combine. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss through strawberries and roast for a further 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly and serve with thick Greek-style yoghurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serves 6.