These might be the best accidental muffins I have ever made! A healthy take on the old double chocolate banana muffin, make these for anyone who doesn’t believe healthy food can be delicious!
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain or Greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1.5 cups whole-wheat flour
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup choc chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl mash the bananas and add the wet ingredients. Whisk together.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and fold together.
- Gently stir in the choc chips.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases and cook for 25 minutes, or until cooked.