Try your hand at making these classic chewy Anzac biscuits! No they aren’t ‘healthy’ but then again…who wants sugar and butter free Anzac biscuits?
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl.
- Place butter, syrup and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 2 minutes or until butter has melted. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Stir butter mixture into oat mixture.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on trays, 5cm apart. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden.
- Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.