Ready in 20 minutes, this jerk flavoured salmon with yoghurt potatoes makes for a delicious and healthy weeknight meal!
- 8 baby new potatoes (320g), sliced in thirds
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh coriander
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 200g skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender; cover to keep warm.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon each of the parsley and coriander. Process remaining herbs with pepper, chilli, allspice, garlic, ginger, juice and oil, season with salt.
- Pour half the herb mixture over salmon in a medium bowl; stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook salmon in a heated medium frying pan, for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Combine potato with yoghurt, shallot and remaining herb mixture. Serve topped with salmon and sprinkled with reserved herbs.
Serves 2 (my suggestion – double the recipe to ensure you have enough left over for lunch the next day).