This zucchini slice is tasty and versatile. Enjoy it warm with a side salad, or refrigerated and popped in a lunchbox for work or school.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 450g zucchini, grated
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 200g ricotta
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Seat salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden. Place in a bowl with the zucchini, feta, ricotta, parmesan, chives, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Place the eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to combine. Add to the zucchini and mix to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and smooth with a palette knife.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cut into slices to serve. Serve with a side salad.