Salads shouldn’t be complicated, and that’s why I love a good, no-cook salad for nights that you just want a simple meal without all the fuss.
In these Thai herb veggie and chicken bowls enjoy the natural Thai flavours shine through for a simple but refreshing meal.
- 3 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded into long strands
- 2 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage (about ½ small cabbage)
- 4 radish, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked shredded cooked chicken (we used a store-bought BBQ chicken)
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts, to serve
Soy & sesame dressing ingredients
- ¼ cup reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs grape seed oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Combine green onions, chilli, carrots, cabbage, radish, chicken, coriander, mint and Thai basil in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- To make soy & sesame dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Spoon into serving bowls, sprinkle with peanuts and serve. Serves 4.