It’s muffin time!
These muffins are light and fluffy and have just enough sweetness from natural sugars to make them irresistible.
Basic Muffin Recipe
- 300g plain wholemeal flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 300ml buttermilk
- 80ml olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the maple syrup, egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined – don’t overmix.
- Gently stir through the variations you want to add below.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 x 1/2 cup capacity muffin tins lined with paper cases. Sprinkle with extra oats and a touch of brown sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked. A skewer should come out clean.
Raspberry & oat
- 160g frozen (not thawed) raspberries
- 45g rolled oats
Apricot & almond
- 30g rolled oats
- 35g chopped dried apricots
- 35g slithered almonds
Fig & cinnamon
- 190g sliced figs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon