Deliciously flavoured chicken mince wrapped in crisp lettuce leaves and eaten with your hands. What can get better than that?
- 100g brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp Asian chilli jam
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Unsalted peanuts, chopped, to serve
Quick pickled cucumber:
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- To make the pickled cucumber, place the vinegar, garlic and honey in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the cucumber and chilli and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place the garlic, ginger, chilli jam and chicken in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat, add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring, for 5–6 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Divide the noodles between lettuce leaves and top with the chicken and pickled cucumber.
- Top with basil, coriander and peanut to serve.
Recipe from Donna Hay