Dumplings are the ultimate comfort food. Filled with tender pork mince, these little plump parcels of joy are paired beautifully with a spicy miso broth.
- 1 + 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp shiro miso paste
- 1/2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 5 frozen pork dumplings*
- 1 baby buk choy, quartered
- Rice noodles, to serve
- 1/2 gren onion, sliced thinly diagonally
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Place water, miso, chilli, ginger and sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally, until well combined.
- Meanwhile, cook rice noodles in a bowl filled with boiling water (approx 20 minutes)
- Add dumplings, cook for 6 minutes or until heated through. Add bok choy, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Spoon soup and noodles into a bowl and top with green onion and sesame seeds. Serves 1.
*can substitute pork dumplings for chicken or vegetarian.