FriYAY is here! But wait…..what to have for dinner? After a long week the thought of having to feed the family is enough to make you want to run away and join the circus! While takeaway is tempting, it can often be expensive and make you feel blah afterwards.
This is why I wanted to share with you one of my favourite 10 minute meals, with majority of the ingredients already in your pantry! Enjoy this fresh, simple and wholesome dinner!
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 slices fresh sourdough
- Olive oil spray
- 1 x 110g tin of sardines in oil, drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grate lemon rind and juice lemon.
- Combine onion, chilli, chives, lemon rind and juice into a bowl and season to taste.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Spray bread with oil and chargrill for 3 minutes each side, or until charred.
- Serve toast with sardines and salsa. Drizzle with oil. Serve with extra lemon wedges, if this tickles your fancy. Serves 1.