No matter how old you are, no one can deny the joy of taking your first bite into an Aussie mango and its sweet, sticky juices running down your face. Mangoes are tied with rituals, emotion and sweet summer memories. They remind you of hot days and long nights outside, the sound of cicadas and the smell of the barbecue. Mangoes are versatile and delicious as a snack on their own, or paired with chicken, seafood, fresh salads, thrown on the BBQ or in smoothies and sweet desserts. To kick off Aussie mango season, I want to share with you an easy dinner recipe on high rotation at my home.
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, to taste
- In a serving bowl combine all ingredients, except for the lime juice. Toss together.
- Squeeze over lime juice and season with a pinch of salt.
- Serve with grilled chicken or seafood!