This raw mango cheesecake has a coconut centre, macadamia crust and mango topping. It’s tropical, delicious and guilt-free!
Recipe adapted from Downshiftology
Preparation time: Overnight (if don’t want to soak nuts overnight, put in boiling water for 1 hour)
Freeze time: 4 hours
- 1½ cups raw macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup raw pecans
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3½ cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1¼ cup water
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Coconut flakes, for garnish
- Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor. Pulse the processor until the ingredients are mixed together. Place the crust mixture into the bottom of 9 inch circular pan and gently flatten with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- For the filling, place all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend for a minute or two, until thick and creamy.
- Pour your filling on top of the crust. Shake the pan gently to remove any air bubbles.
- Clean your food processor and add the mango, lemon and maple syrup. Pulse until pureed and set aside.
- Spoon the mango puree on top and swirl around. Place the cheesecake in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer at least 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional coconut flakes.