It’s time to take the cooking outside again and I couldn’t be happier!
To kick off BBQ season, I share with you these delicious Asian-inspired chicken skewers.
Currently in season, radishes are a colourful and crunchy addition to your Spring salads. Best thinly sliced and eaten raw, radishes add a distinctive peppery kick to any dish! When choosing, look for radishes with fresh-looking, green leaves and store in the cooler section of your fridge. To be honest, I have a major crush on them at the moment, they turn any dish into something so pretty!
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1.5 tsp Chinese five spice
- 3.5cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 8 x 100g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into lengths
- Vegetable oil for brushing
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced using a julienne peeler
- 200g radishes, thinly sliced using a mandolin
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Place the oyster sauce, five-spice and ginger in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the chicken and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Thread the chicken and green onion onto skewers.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Brush the skewers with oil and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Place the coriander, carrot and radish in a bowl, drizzle with the vinegar and toss to combine.
- Serve the skewers with the salad and rice. Serves 4.