Not only does Australian asparagus signify that the weather is warming up, it also means there is much delicious eating to be had! This quick and easy side salad is the perfect accompaniment to your first barbie of the season!
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- 100g marinated feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Preheat a barbecue on medium heat. Use a zester to remove rind from lemon. Juice lemon.
- Whisk lemon juice and 1+1/2 tbsp of the oil in a small jug. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle remaining oil over asparagus. Cook asparagus on grill, turning, for 3 minutes or until bright green, tender crisp and slightly charred. Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle over lemon dressing. Sprinkle with lemon zest, feta, mint and almonds. Serve with protein of your choice.