Want to make someone’s day? Then make them some banana bread.
Banana bread is one of those classic, feel good recipes that fills your home with warmth and always makes things instantly better.
My version of banana bread is free of refined sugars, white flours and saturated fat, making it the perfect afternoon snack for yourself and the kids.
I love to freeze individual slices, so they are ready to go on those days when I feel like something warm and sweet.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup LSA mix
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed + extra for topping
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- Using a paper towel, lightly coat loaf tin with olive oil or butter, then line with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 160°.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Combine wet ingredients, mix using a wooden spoon.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into the tin. Top with 1 banana, sliced lengthways, and bake for 45-60 minutes until golden and cooked through – insert a skewer to test, it should come out dry.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow it to cool in tin.
- When cool, remove from tin and slice. Enjoy by itself or top with almond or peanut butter!