Are you on the search for the ultimate chocolate dessert that wait a minute…..is actually good for you?!
Yes you read me correctly!
This chocolate mousse is made from avocado, meaning it is full of healthy monounsaturated fats! These type of fats are so nourishing not only for our insides but also our outsides, as they have just some of the following health benefits: satiety, healthy brain function and improved mood.
The mousse also contains cacao powder which has been shown to improve heart health, lower blood pressure and reduce the bad LDL cholesterol. Cacao is also a great source of magnesium and contains compounds that boost our serotonin and endorphin levels, making us feel happy!
Well then, what are you waiting for?
- 1 + 1/2 ripe medium avocados, skin and stone removed
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into two serving glasses.
- Refrigerate for one hour to chill or eat immediately if your heart so desires.
- Top with any of the following: berries, strawberries, choc chips, coconut shreds.