Want a go-to snack that tastes just like dessert? Then give these bliss balls a go!
Lately my clients have been loving this delicious and healthy snack, as it makes for the perfect 3pm pick me up when you need something to tie you over until dinner but are craving something sweet! Make a batch on the weekend, keep in the fridge or freezer (depending on your preferred chewiness) and enjoy throughout the week.
- 24 fresh pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder, plus extra for rolling
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Coconut shreds (optional)
- Place the dates, almonds, cacao and coconut oil in a food processor and process for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture forms a dough.
- Roll mixture into 1 tbsp size balls.
- Roll balls in extra cacao to coat. Can also do half/half and coat in coconut, as seen in the picture.