I want to let you in on a little secret, just between you and me. Next time you make spaghetti bolognese add some store bought caramelised onions. Trust me, they do all the hard work for you!
There really is nothing better than slow cooked bolognese (recipe can be found here), however sometimes you just don’t have the time and that’s ok!
This cheats bolognese ticks all the boxes and is packed with flavour! It can be ready in 20 minutes, go on, what are you waiting for?
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/4 cup caramelised onion jam
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Pappardelle pasta
- 500g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- Basil leaves and grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Cook mince, stirring for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add tomato paste and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onion jam and soy sauce and reduce to medium heat.
- Cook for around 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Top pasta with bolognese, tomatoes, basil and parmesan to serve. Enjoy!