One of those yummy recipes when you just feel like a bit of a tart……….pun intended of course.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Combine all the crust ingredients into a food processor or powerful blender (I use my beloved vitamix).
- Line a cupcake tray with cases and place the base mixture inside. Press down with the back of a spoon. Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes and begin preparing the chocolate filling.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil.
- Once melted throw in the maple syrup, cacao, cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Remove the bases from the freezer and spoon the chocolate filling into each tart.
- Place back in freezer to harden up.
- Top with extra shredded coconut.