This recipe deserves no introduction. All I am going to say is I didn’t know I was a caramel fan until now.
Caramel mud cake ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups ground cashews (whiz up normal cashews into a blender until ground to a flour)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 3/4 cup coconut and cashew butter – I found this jar in my local health food shop and it is AMAZING
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 3 eggs, separated
Salted caramel sauce ingredients:
- 5 large medjool dates
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tsp hulled tahini
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Prepare a cake tin – spray with olive oil and line with baking paper.
- Combine all dry mud cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients (minus the egg whites).
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and gently fold into the mixture.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the caramel sauce by blending all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- Once the cake is cooked let it sit until cool before removing from tin.
- Serve with the sauce and top with buckinis for that extra crunch. Cut into slices and enjoy!