In my household we make a batch of this hummus weekly!
It is the perfect accompaniment on salads, in wraps or on snacks – think cut up carrot, celery and capsicum sticks or ryvitas with hummus, tomato and cracked pepper.
- 1 x 240g tin chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup tahini, with some of its oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Put everything, minus the chickpea liquid, in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.