This is such a vibrant and fragrant dish! I thoroughly recommend you make this and share with a table full of friends or family. It works as an entree or main dish.
- 2 tbs peanut or sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 bunch spring onions, white and light green finely chopped, dark green sliced at an angle
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbs massaman curry paste
- 2 tbs kecap manis, plus extra to drizzle
- 500g pork mince
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1⁄2 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- 1 little gem lettuce or baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- Sliced red chilli and crispy onion to serve
- Heat oil in a wok over a high heat, add white and light green spring onion and cook for 1 minute, then add the carrot and celery and cook a further 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the curry paste, kecap manis and pork mince and cook, tossing for 5-6 minutes until fragrant and combined.
- Add the lime juice, half the Thai basil and 1⁄2 cup (125ml) water and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until all liquid has evaporated and pork is caramelised.
- Serve in lettuce cups topped with extra basil, chilli, crispy onion, spring onion greens, and drizzle with extra kecap manis.
Recipe from Delicious magazine.