This recipe is a soooo yummy and refreshing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 2 snapper fillets, bones removed
- 5cm piece ginger, cut into long thin strips
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp each Shaoxing wine and soy sauce
- 25 ml peanut oil
- 1 bunch water spinach, thick stalks trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tspsesame oil
- To serve: thinly sliced long red chilli, coriander and steamed rice
- Place snapper on a heatproof plate that fits snugly into a large steamer, scatter over ginger and onion, drizzle with Shaoxing and soy sauce, cover and steam over a wok of boiling water until fish is cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat 15ml peanut oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat, add water spinach and garlic and stir-fry until wilted and bright green (2-3 minutes).
- Heat sesame oil and remaining peanut oil in a small saucepan until smoking (1-2 minutes). Transfer fish to plates, drizzle over juices, then pour over hot oil, scatter with extra spring onion, chilli and coriander and serve with rice and water spinach.
Recipe from Gourmet Traveller