This breakfast is perfect if you are heading straight from the gym to work/school and don’t have the time to prepare breakfast! If you have a sweet tooth I suggest adding more of the maple syrup, to your liking. The next one I am thinking of doing is a chocolate parfait with banana ……drooling already.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup full fat cows or nut milk (you can do 1/2 water, 1/2 milk if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (more if you like the flavour)
- 3 tbsp full fat plain or Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup berries
- Combine oats, chia seeds, milk and vanilla into a large mason jar. Mix and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, add a dash or two more milk to the mixture if it appears too dry.
- Mash 1/2 the berries with a fork.
- Layer the oat mixture, mashed berries and yoghurt into a new mason jar.
- Top with cinnamon, maple syrup and the remaining berries. I also added a plum I had lying around because why the hell not.