For the more sophisticated of us here, you can refer to this dish as Cacio e Pepe. Or if your like me, cheese and pepper works just as good!
There is nothing better than digging into this bowl of cheesy pasta.
I like to think of this dinner as one of my balanced dinners. It may not look like what a typical nutritionist would eat but it makes me feel happy and to me that’s healthy.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 3/4 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1/3 cup pecorino, finely grated
- Bring water to a boil. Season with salt. Add pasta and cook until about 2 minutes before tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp butter in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Add pepper and cook, about 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup reserved water to frypan and bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta and remaining butter.
- Reduce heat to low and add parmesan, stirring until melted.
- Remove pan from heat and add pecorino, stirring until melted and the sauce coats the pasta.
- Add a little extra pasta water if it seems too dry.
- Transfer to bowls and enjoy this as much as I do!